Monday, June 2, 2008

My Quest for the Gary Busey Smile!

So... for the last few months, I've been making seemingly daily visits to the dentists office. It started innocent enough... My wife scheduled my bi-decadal checkup, and a few cavities were found. Not a big deal. Surely this is a quick... painless process. Turns out when you go to a place called "The Artistry of Dr. Lyn Jones", it's neither painless nor quick. And you can bet it wasn't cheap! But luckily, their willingness to prescribe Vallium and extra strength Vicodin kept me happy enough and high enough to keep coming back.

After $5000, 6 fillings, 2 emergency root canals, and one broken off tool in my mouth... I decide this lady is more of a Jackson Polluck than a Leonardo Da Vinci. At the urging of my wife and common sense, I decide to take my business elsewhere.

And... after another $2500, 2 more fillings, 2 crowns, 2 wisdom teeth "extracted", and 3 months in rehab for prescription medication abuse, I can now say my teeth have never looked better. Well... those that I have left.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

You are so funny Aaron and I love the smile. :-) It was worth it in the end I am sure.
Yes I am sure it was hard on the pocketbook and your teeth but easy on the nerves, (due to the drugs!) You look great!
Remember turn around is fair play, now it is Reagans turn to visit the "Dentist" and make memories of her own! hehe

June 4, 2008 at 6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. honostly that sounds pretty cheap for all those procedures. Good Deal .lolol

June 16, 2008 at 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<<Home